I'm a question person - tell me a story and I'm apt to have a half a dozen questions about it. It's just my nature - I like lots of details! Merle explains (in a lot of detail) about the "WHY" we're adopting. But I'm guessing there are a lot of other questions that some of you will think of. Don't be afraid to ASK! We welcome your questions.
I'm going to attempt to address a few questions that I've heard buzzing around and how we might possibly respond to them -
- Is it fair to a child to have "old parents"?
Which do you think an orphan would rather have, NO PARENTS or OLD PARENTS?
- With so many children needing homes in the United States, why are you going to a country a half a world away?
ALL children are created in the image of God and deserve a family! We believe that God has told us to go to China.
- How are you going to pay for this adoption?
The first response is -- "we don't know" (we don't have a big pot of money set aside) but what we DO KNOW is that where God guides, HE will provide. We're calling this our "Faith Walk".
- Do you think it's fair to your other children to bring another child into your home?
YES - I don't know that we could "talk about" or "explain in words" to them in a better way that God calls us to care for the orphans in their distress and to be servants! We believe that this is "walking the talk" to them!
- How old do you think the little girl will be that you adopt?
Probably (but we're also not limiting God) -somewhere between 3 and 7 years old
- Why not an older child?
- While we would be open to an older child (and if God tells us that is HIS desire, we'll walk in that direction) - currently we think keeping the "birth order" in place is prob. a wise step with the current family dynamics.
We'd covet your prayers as we travel this path the Lord has laid out before us. The mighty power of prayer is a beautiful thing and God loves for us to bring our praises and petitions to Him. Will you consider being a prayer warrior for us and our daughter?