Isaiah 43:5

Do not be afraid, for I am with you; I will bring your children from the east and gather you from the west. Isaiah 43:5

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Someone's Missing at our Christmas Table

You know the feeling when one person in your family is away and how it feel's  "off"?  Just "not right?"  (YES - it happens in big families too - even one person not there makes a difference!) That's how I've been feeling lately, like someone's missing.  Our little someone we don't even know yet but still feel very much  connected to.  I find myself looking at the clock often and thinking, oh it's "X" time in China right now, she's probably in bed for the night. (Did someone help her brush her teeth, give her a goodnight kiss and tuck her in?).  Christmas Eve, found me thinking about her a whole lot (knowing that it was Christmas Day in China).  Has she ever heard the story of Jesus' birth?  Did anyone take her picture on Christmas morning?
Today, when setting our large table for Christmas, I thought about her place at the table.  That same feeling of "someone's missing" came over me.  Little one, we're doing all we can to get to you just as fast as we can, and praying that next Christmas you will be sitting with your very own family, holding hands with a brother, a sister or a cousin and praying a blessing over our Christmas meal.
"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but will never break." We are trusting in God's best timing!

"And we know that in all things, God works for the good of those who love Him who have been called according to His purpose."  Romans 8:28 (the reference Merle and I have inscribed in our wedding rings)

No comments:

Post a Comment