Isaiah 43:5

Do not be afraid, for I am with you; I will bring your children from the east and gather you from the west. Isaiah 43:5

Monday, March 25, 2013

"Timid and afraid of strangers"


"You need patience with her, because she is timid and is afraid of the strangers."  "The child dislikes getting along with the strangers."  These are two sentences we read in Lucy's recent update report that we received.  Older reports have suggested the same thing; our youngest girl is very shy and fearful.  Of course reading those words while looking over the update tugged at my Mama heart. 


She's never been able to experience the love and security of a family! It's no wonder she's afraid, shy and timid.  As her Mama, I want to hug her, whisper "it's ok, Mommy's here" into her ear and assure her that Daddy and I are not going to leave her.  And she will understand these words and everything will be "happily ever after".  But real life tells me, it's not that easy!  What can I do to help prepare her for her family (that as of now - are "strangers" to her) ?  

PRAYER!  Our family is asking our Father God to prepare Lucy's heart, soul and little mind to be supernaturally prepared for us (her family!)  Knowing HE can do exceedingly, abundantly more than we can fathom", I'm praying with my tiny mustard seed faith for a miracle.  Praying that Lucy will NOT be afraid when we at last get to pick her up and hug her and whisper "I love you, precious girl" into her ear.  Prayers that somehow the bond will supernaturally (by God's grace) be there and she is able to welcome her new family into her heart, soul and mind.  Will you please pray for Lucy too?  What a gift to have other's praying on her behalf, even now before she's aware of the LIFE CHANGING transitions that are coming.  The body of Christ interceding on behalf of an orphan, what a beautiful and precious thought.
Letting us know you're praying for Lucy Kim would be so encouraging.  




1 comment:

  1. I was just praying this for dear Lucy this AM :)
    Love,
    Aunt Rhon

    ReplyDelete