Isaiah 43:5

Do not be afraid, for I am with you; I will bring your children from the east and gather you from the west. Isaiah 43:5

Friday, March 29, 2013

 Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.  
James 1:27


"When you've done it to one of the least of these, you've done it for me"
- Jesus
   Thank you my friends!!  Thank you for caring for an  orphan and practicing "true religion."  Already so many have shown their love and care to Lucy by  "purchasing pieces of her puzzle" (if you're not sure what I'm referring to - you'll have to click HERE for an explanation).
  You my friends are "caring for an orphan" with your prayers and financial support in helping to pay the high cost of getting Lucy Kim out of the orphanage.
   I feel the need to explain that because some folks don't see it as "helping an orphan" but instead giving to a fundraiser or a "good cause."   I'd love to challenge you to rethink that concept.   If we believe that an orphan is a child who has no parents (or parents capable of caring for them), and providing a child with a family is the very best way to help an orphan.  Then one of the best ways to help an  orphan is helping a child into a family.  That helping part can be done in various ways.  We can open our home to a child, we can give prayer support to a child, we can pray for an adoptive family or we can give of our financial resources to help the child into a family.  That's why supporting an adoption IS orphan care. And.... my Bible tells me that orphan care is practicing true religion!  :)
   While we all agree that helping orphanages with any number of things (ie:  medical, school, hygiene supplies, etc.) or sending missionaries is what we consider "orphan care" -- helping an orphan home is also "orphan care."


No comments:

Post a Comment