Isaiah 43:5

Do not be afraid, for I am with you; I will bring your children from the east and gather you from the west. Isaiah 43:5

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Little Red Envelopes


   On Sunday, February 10th a dear friend handed me a little red envelope and told me it was for our  Lucy girl!  As I took the envelope from her, she proceeded to tell me about the Chinese tradition.  
   Chinese New Year, which began on February 10th this year, is the most important of the traditional Chinese holidays. Children in families receive money in red paper envelopes and celebrate with large feasts, festivals, and lots of time with relatives.
   I thanked my friend (dressed in a beautiful Chinese silk coat most likely gotten in China where she lived for several years), not only for the envelope and money but also for the education and sweet gesture of love.  I love to learn about culture!  And right now I'm especially excited to learn about the homeland of our newest daughter!
    At one point in the day a thought washed over me,  up until a few weeks ago, Lucy didn't  have her own family, has she ever received her own "Little Red Envelope"?  Most likely this is her very first!  
Lucy Kim, your special red envelope is waiting for you at home!  Happy Chinese New Year sweet girl!




3 comments:

  1. So sweet, love hearing about these new traditions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for you! God Bless you for reaching out and adopting a few children in need of a family! I think it's wonderful :) :) I know we don't get to see you guys very much, but it's great to be able to keep in touch via blog, reading what God's doing in your family! What a mighty and wonderful God we Serve! :)

    Love ya!
    Desirae Clopper
    Ps. 37:4

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Rhonda and Desirae for your kind comments and for "following our journey" with us!
    Agreed....we serve and mighty and wonderful God!!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete