Isaiah 43:5

Do not be afraid, for I am with you; I will bring your children from the east and gather you from the west. Isaiah 43:5

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Religion and Ransom Notes......

 Like a zillion other people, I don't like asking for help, presenting a need of my own or talking about money!  However,  I decided not telling our friends and family about this need doesn't make it any less there or less of  a part of the adoption journey.
In the process of mulling over creative ways to raise funds, I find that I often feel like it's a burden or loathsome part of adoption that I'd rather not deal with.  You know, if I could just snap my fingers and the money would magically appear, I'd chose to do it that way.  A.K.A. the "easy way."    But,  as I was thinking  about this whole thing one evening a thought came to my mind.  If I'm willing to humbly tell others of this need, it gives them an opportunity to practice  "true religion" and to be blessed for "taking care of an orphan in their distress."  (James 1:27 - "Pure and faultless religion is this, to take care of orphans and widows in their distress and keep oneself from being polluted by the world."  )  
  We have a daughter living on the other side of the world who is depending on her parents for help.  Help to get home to her family and medical access.  She owns nothing of her own.  She is penniless and has no support system.  But she does have a debt.  
You see every orphan has this invisible "ransom" attached to her.  It's not her fault, and she most likely is unaware of it.  But, none the less, it's part of the price in bringing her to her forever family.   Paying the ransom is  another portion of the adoption process.    If the process is being done in a legal, moral and ethical way, it will be a very costly process.
We are working on creative ways to raise the ransom money for our sweet red thread!  (And I hope to let you know about some of those events SOON).  We are also currently working on completing the necessary paperwork so that any financial donation given can be tax deductible receipt.   (details coming )
Will you pray with us that our daughter's ransom will be paid in full when we're ready to board a plane to pick her up?
James 5:16b tells us that " the effectual fervent prayers of a righteous man, availeth much."  

No comments:

Post a Comment