Isaiah 43:5

Do not be afraid, for I am with you; I will bring your children from the east and gather you from the west. Isaiah 43:5

Saturday, December 22, 2012

A Special THANK YOU to our VILLAGE!

Many years ago, when I was a young (and feisty)  mother, I would hear the saying "It takes a village to raise a child" and it would grate on my nerves.  I would think to my independent self-- "No it doesn't!"  (with attitude).  

As the years have passed and I have grown older,  I have come to realize the truth in that saying.  As I think about our family, and our various needs -- I realize I have been blessed with a wonderful VILLAGE in helping to raise our children!  Our  VILLAGE consists of loving and extremely helpful Grandparents, older siblings who love and care for their younger siblings and seek to impart spiritual truths into their lives, friends and family members who love on our children , wonderful pediatricians who care about the well being of our children and respect Merle and I as parents, kind, compassionate teachers that will change a teaching style to meet our children's various  learning differences, friends who have traveled the adoption path and can share valuable insight, an adoption support group,  mother's helper's that  helped in many ways in keeping our household running smoothly, therapists,  and the list doesn't end there.......
Thank you God for sending us such a wonderful Village of caring people to help us in raising our children and meeting their needs!  To those in our village, THANK YOU!!!   We  are blessed and  LOVE and appreciate each of you!

"I thank my God on every remembrance of you."  Phillipians 1:3

No comments:

Post a Comment